Utilities stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.0% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.7% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.