Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed gains:
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.