Utilities stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 1.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.6% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.