Transportation stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 1.0% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 0.8% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.6% today.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.