Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 was up 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 1.4% today and up 30.8% in the last month.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.9% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 0.7% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.