Transportation stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 1.3% today.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.