Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Only one stock in the basic materials sectors showed gains:
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 2.8% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.5% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.