Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 4.5% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 3.2% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 2.0% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.6% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 3.0% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.