Basic materials stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 2.7% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.