Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.5% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 1.5% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.