Transportation stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.