Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.7%, the Nasdaq declined 1.7% and the S&P 500 was down 1.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 4.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 4.2% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 3.9% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 3.6% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 3.6% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 3.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 3.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.