Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 6.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 2.8% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 2.1% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 1.9% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.9% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.