Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Monday, down 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed gains:
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 5.3% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 5.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 5.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.8% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 4.6% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 4.7% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 4.4% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 4.3% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 4.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.