Energy stocks finished down 1.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 6.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 6.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 5.4% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 5.2% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 5.2% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 5.1% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.8% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 4.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 4.5% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 4.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.