Energy stocks rose 2.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 7.2% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 6.8% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 6.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 5.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 5.8% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 5.0% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 4.4% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 4.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.