Utilities stocks rose 2.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 4.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 4.0% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 4.0% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 3.5% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 2.9% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.