Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 2.6% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 2.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.2% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.