Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- California Resources Corporatio (CRC): CRC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is up 2.9% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.