Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is up 2.9% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is up 1.5% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA): RUSHA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.