Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 5.0% today.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 2.3% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is up 1.9% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Delphi Automotive Plc (DLPH): DLPH stock is up 1.5% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 10.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.