Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is up 2.7% today on 6 times normal volume.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 1.7% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.