Energy stocks rose 1.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 17.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 7.4% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 5.6% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 5.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.0% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 4.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.