Healthcare stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 4.6% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.