Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.8% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.