Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 7.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.9% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.5% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.