Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 18.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 8.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 8.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 7.9% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 6.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 5.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 5.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 5.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 5.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 4.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.