Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 12.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 7.6% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 7.1% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 6.8% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 6.4% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 6.1% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 6.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 5.7% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 5.5% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 5.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.