Energy stocks advanced 2.9% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is up 11.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 6.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 8.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 6.6% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.9% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 5.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 5.3% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 5.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.9% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 5.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.