Energy stocks rose 2.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 7.8% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 6.5% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 6.0% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 5.6% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 5.3% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 4.8% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 4.7% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 4.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.