Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 5.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.4%, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 rose 2.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 37.0% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 13.8% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 12.4% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 11.2% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 10.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 10.6% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 10.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 10.2% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 10.1% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 9.7% today.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed losses:
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.