Energy stocks finished up 3.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 9.9% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 8.5% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 8.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 8.1% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 8.0% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 7.8% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 7.7% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 7.3% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 7.3% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 7.1% today.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed losses:
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.