Technology stocks rose 2.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 2.3% higher, the Nasdaq spiked 3.0% and the S&P 500 increased 2.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 9.6% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 9.8% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Ltd (BITA): BITA stock is up 6.4% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 6.3% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 6.2% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 6.2% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 6.1% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is up 6.1% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is up 6.1% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 5.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Anixter International Inc (AXE): AXE stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Virtusa Corp (VRTU): VRTU stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.