Utilities stocks rose 1.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 4.0%, the Nasdaq spiked 4.8% and the S&P 500 jumped 4.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 4.4% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 3.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 3.0% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.