Basic materials stocks rose 3.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.5% and the S&P 500 rose 2.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 8.8% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 8.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 7.8% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 7.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 6.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 6.4% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 6.2% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 5.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 5.6% today and up 33.5% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.