Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.3%, the Nasdaq jumped 3.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 17.5% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 13.8% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 11.7% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 7.1% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 7.1% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 7.5% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 6.3% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 5.5% today.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is up 5.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 4.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.