Utilities stocks rose 1.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 8.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 6.8% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 5.7% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 3.2% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.