Capital goods stocks rose 2.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 3.6% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 3.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 3.2% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 3.3% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.3% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.