Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V (IBA): IBA stock is up 3.0% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 2.6% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Calavo Growers (CVGW): CVGW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 2.1% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.