Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.9%, the Nasdaq was down 2.8% and the S&P 500 declined 2.9%.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 3.5% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 3.3% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 2.9% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 2.9% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.