Energy stocks finished down 3.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.9%, the Nasdaq was down 2.8% and the S&P 500 fell 2.9%.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed gains:
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 7.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 6.4% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 6.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 6.2% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 6.0% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 5.9% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 5.7% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 5.6% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is down 5.4% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 5.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.