Energy stocks fell 1.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 5.0% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 5.2% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 4.6% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 4.0% today.
- BP P.L.C (BP): BP stock is down 3.7% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 3.5% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 3.3% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 3.1% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 3.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.