Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 2.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.7% and the S&P 500 rose 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 3.0% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.5% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.8% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.