Utilities stocks declined 1.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq fell 1.9% and the S&P 500 declined 1.6%.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 4.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 3.1% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 3.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.