Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 1.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co (PCG): PCG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.