Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.7% today and down 20.5% in the last month.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.9% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.