Utilities stocks advanced 1.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 22.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.6% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.6% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.