Utilities stocks finished up 1.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq increased 2.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 5.3% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 4.3% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 3.2% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.