Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 2.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 2.9%, the Nasdaq fell 2.8% and the S&P 500 was down 2.9%.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed gains:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 4.1% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 3.8% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 3.7% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 3.6% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 3.4% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 3.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 3.4% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 3.3% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 3.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.