Capital goods stocks rose 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 2.0% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.9% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 1.8% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.